Let's explore... Isle of Harris
Our Hebrides candle recently took a trip to one of its biggest inspirations - the Isle of Harris. With it's rugged mountains and perfect sandy beaches, the island is beautiful and the perfect getaway for anybody in search of wilderness and tranquility. We list our top 5 things to do...
1. Luskentyre Beach. Voted one of the world's most beautiful beaches recently. With white sands and turquoise water, it's a paradise even if the skies grey over!
2. Isle of Harris gin distillery. Using sea kelp from the surrounding Hebridean waters, this gin is one of our favourite tipples. Visit the distillery to see how it's made and bottled.
3. Harris Tweed shop. The original home of Harris Tweed. Produced on the island since the 1840s, this tweed is one of Scotland's most iconic exports.
4. Canoe the waters. The only way to truly explore the unspoilt coastlines. Hire a canoe and zip up the wet suit!
5. Machair Kitchen. This restaurant in the community centre boasts local seafood including crabs and mussels. More importantly it gives you a great view across to neighbouring island Taransay.