One of the most popular scents in the world, rose is an icon of the fragrance world. A note in our Birdsong, Sweet Midsummer and LA Moonlight candles, we can't get enough of the flowering beauty. Here are 5 facts about the scent we love so much...
1. The rose has always been popular. Earliest uses of rose oil have been known to be in Iraq 2000 BC. Cleopatra is believed to have bathed in rose water. The Queen Mother was a fan too, and the roses of Buckingham Palace were her favourite.
2. There are over 150 varieties of rose, all with differing colours, sizes and scents.
3. The scent of rose is believed to be beneficial in relieving anxiety and mood boosting for its uplifting qualities.
4. In the Ancient Greek tome Iliad, Aphrodite protects the body of Hector with rose oil.
5. Varieties of roses have been named after many people, including Mozart, Elizabeth Taylor and Diana, Princess of Wales.